Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

Welcome to Mandonese

Discussion in 'Rules, Feedback and Suggestions' started by Andrew, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the website! This forum is designed to be a place where parents who want to teach their kids Mandarin and Cantonese can discuss, share information and find useful information.

If you have any suggestions from website design to names of categories and individual boards, please post in this category.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Bobamama888

Bobamama888 New Member

Recommended airlines/hotels/ tourist attractions for traveling with kids to HK/China

3. Lola888

Lola888 New Member

It would be lovely to maybe organise meet ups of people who are local to one another. It might be a bit too early now but once the site is out there and more people are aware of it.

4. Jenny8022

Jenny8022 New Member

Hi Andrew, it would be nice to include Northern Ireland as one of the regional categories since N.Ireland is part of the UK.

5. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback all. Made some changes such as:
    • Added Northern Ireland to locations list
    • Reduced and consolidated number of forums, as I thought it was a bit overwhelming for people to see all the forums. Most have been moved to General Discussion
    • Created a 'Peppa Pig' area to try and encourage more visitors: http://peppapig.mandonese.com/cantonese.php
    Let me know if you have other feedback!

6. matt.ai.amy

matt.ai.amy New Member

Great work on this invaluable resource, Andrew. Keep it up!

Being from Australia, I can't help but suggest that you add Australia into your Locations area, with subsections for each state. Chinese are coming down under by the plane load and I can see this site becoming an integral part of this growing portion of the Australian population.

7. Ka-Man

Ka-Man New Member

Peppa Pig definitely got me joining - that's how I came across here. I think you need to promote this more as this is an invaluable place to store resources and have links saved and up-to-date info
    would be nice if people can share materials in a folder

8. Adrian L

Adrian L New Member

Hey guys. Being from Australia, it would be awesome if there was a "Rest of World" or "Australia" category...

9. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

I've added an Australia category, I'd be open to suggestions on how to subdivide each region down to specific areas in Australia to make it more useful that would be great.

Also if anyone knows where I can promote this website to specific areas that would be useful - Australian/Cantonese Facebook groups?