Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Pad programme suitable for children.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Bobamama888, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Bobamama888

Bobamama888 New Member

Hi does any one know what cantonese speaking programme might i find on the TV pad . I have some channels be dont really have the time to click on every programme as my reading is at 0 level. And help would be great thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

I really recommend using an app like Pleco - you hold it up to your TV and it can translate words for you from Chinese to English:

How is the TV Pad? I've never used one and I've heard a lot about it, not sure if it's any good or not.

3. Bobamama888

Bobamama888 New Member

Thanks Andrew i will look in to that. The TV pad is good for watching chinese soaps, and movies. Its just trying to figure out what is what. Also depends on the speed of your broadband. As i find it slow when i have the laptop on and the kids are on their tablets.

4. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Bobomama888 - which version of the TVPad do you have? I'm thinking of getting the in-laws one. They have been using my myTVB to catch up on HK news, and using PPS and PPTV for other Chinese shows (this is mostly in Mandarin though). They've expressed interest in watching more Cantonese shows, and I'd like to find a better option. TVPad sounds like an interesting proposition as it is built for an overseas Chinese audience.