Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

Peppa Pig in Cantonese

Discussion in 'Cantonese Songs and Cartoons' started by Andrew, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

John Seto and xoAims like this.
  2. Pui-Lai

Pui-Lai New Member

We have a bought a few more DVDs but unfortunately I can't take the risk of uploading anything new now (I tried uploading Finding Nemo, Ponyo, Bob the Builder cartoons etc and YouTube has made a few strikes against my account). If anyone sees me in person and wants to watch them then let me know :)

Elaine Tong likes this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

I've made a little sub section of the website which just contains Peppa Pig videos! Currently has DVDs 1-8 from Hong Kong which are uploaded onto YouTube. You can see them here:

http://peppapig.mandonese.com/cantonese.php

Will hopefully be able to upload DVDs 9-11, have just ordered them from YesAsia.

Ruthie75, NessNZ, Elaine Tong and 2 others like this.
  4. Annie Tse

Annie Tse New Member

You are amazing!!! Peppa Pig is very annoying but I hate to admit that my children LOVE it and I am picking new vocab from it as well!
    A BIG THANK YOU!!!

5. Barry

Barry New Member

Thanks to you and your wife for putting up the Cantonese versions of the Peppa Pig cartoons! I was debating on purchasing the series from YesAsia for my small children, but wasn't sure how to convert them from PAL format to the NTSC format that we have here in the San Francisco Bay Area. That was when I stumbled onto your website and the Peppa Pig cartoons, and now I think my problem is solved! However, even though you say you have uploaded DVDs 1-8, I can only see DVDs 1-4 on the playlist. Am I missing something here? I look forward to your reply.

6. Barry

Barry New Member

Haha - I have solved my problem. On your full website, the playlist window shows the whole list of 8 DVDs on the screen. On my iPhone6+, which is where I first found your website, the playlist window is half the size and shows only DVDs 1-4. I had been hitting the "Playlist" button thinking it would bring up the rest of the DVDs, and of course that doesn't work. The answer is simply to SCROLL UP from within the playlist window. I did not recognize the scrollbar on the right of the playlist window because it is filled in with a scene from the last video viewed (so I thought it was a snippet of the video and not a scrollbar). While the error is entirely my own, perhaps you might want to change the scrollbar to a more traditional one. That said, thanks again to you and your wife for putting up a website that I had always wanted to do myself if I was as capable!

7. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Barry glad you figured it out!

If you are interested in joining the 'Video Library' I've setup (where you can access the actual video files of a load of Cantonese kids movies like Peppa Pig, Thomas the Tank Engine, etc.) then just give me a PM and I'll send you the password.

Krissy225 likes this.
  8. Beardan

Beardan New Member

Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for uploading this. Great for my personal Cantonese learning. My 2 year old and I have started watching the Canto version of Peppa and love it! Especially when George says 'Hohng Lohng...!!'

Flo Toronto likes this.
  9. Beardan

Beardan New Member

Hi Andrew, is there any chance you can upload Disc's 9-11? Thanks! These are great! My daughter and I have been watching them heaps!

10. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Beardan, I've decided not to upload disc 9-11, however if you are interested in viewing you can request to join the Video library: http://mandonese.com/threads/video-library-requesting-access.104/

11. Beardan

Beardan New Member

Cheers mate ive done that.

12. Calvin W

Calvin W Member

New here and many Thanks!

13. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

We have discs 9, 10 and 11 uploaded. We are looking to purchase disc 12 and 13, but can't seem to find stock of disc 12 anywhere, does anyone know where it can be found?

14. Calvin W

Calvin W Member

let me see if I can find it over the weekend in our stores here... we got a lot of chinese stores..

15. matt.ai.amy

matt.ai.amy New Member

Big thanks to Andrew and Pui-Lai for uploading Cantonese Peppa Pig to YouTube. Amara often points to the TV and says "Peppa Pig *snort*", and now that she can enjoy it in her native tongue, I think she'll grasp the concepts much easier, and pick up some more Cantonese along the way!

16. matt.ai.amy

matt.ai.amy New Member

Disc 12: http://www.yesasia.com/us/peppa-pig...ng-kong-version/1044452977-0-0-0-en/info.html
    Disc 13: http://www.yesasia.com/us/peppa-pig...ng-kong-version/1045468248-0-0-0-en/info.html
    Disc 14 (not yet released): http://www.yesasia.com/us/peppa-pig...ng-kong-version/1048231448-0-0-0-en/info.html

17. Kev

Kev New Member

Many thanks, didn't realise Peppa existed in Cantonese until I saw it on YouTube which lead me to discover this site.

18. raichu

raichu New Member

right, who's going to get those next Peppa pigs to share :D

19. Calvin W

Calvin W Member

Couldn't find it... checked a few stores but no luck... I thought I had seen it somewhere before, but that was a while ago and not sure which one. Will keep an eye out for it. In the mean time, will post some others

20. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

We have discs 1-16 now in the library thanks to some generous donations.