Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

Newcastle/Durham Cantonese speakers

Discussion in 'North East' started by linda chan, Nov 9, 2015.

1. linda chan

linda chan New Member

Hello

We are a family of 4, my 5 years old son, 3 year old daughter, my Australian husband and myself. We moved to Newcastle Upon Tyne in September 2015 from Australia (I am BBC).

I am keen to meet up with any other local families or individuals who would like more exposure to cantonese language, mine is basic and I would like to improve it and have my children be more canto contact also.

If anyone would like meet, to or has any advise on how to, or knows anyone who I get some canto lessons from I would be grateful if you could drop me a message. I am also open to language exchange also, my spoken and written english are excellent.

I would also like to my son to learn mandarin informally through play, chatting etc. He started mandarin school in Australia but unfortunately schools already full here, but I would like him to maintain what he has learnt so far plus slowly build on it, any advise here also appreciated. Ideally I would like someone who can speak both canto and mandarin, canto for me and mandarin for my son, so probably someone from HK or Malaysia.

I look forward to hearing from you!
    Linda

2. raichu

raichu New Member

my cousin lives in Newcastle - she has two kids and mentioned she wanted to meet up. i will try to get her to join her. maybe you can link your thread on somewhere else like facebook and get more people who live in your area to arrange a meet up!

3. linda chan

linda chan New Member

That sounds good, what ages are her children? Let me know how it goes and then we could maybe arrange a meeting. Thanks. Linda.