Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

MoonBox review and TVPad comparison - streaming Hong Kong TV

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Andrew, Aug 7, 2015.

1. bmwjl7125

bmwjl7125 New Member

yeah ... so btw im in the us

2. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

There are several sellers on sites like eBay and Amazon depending on what country you're in.

I have TVB's own TVB Anywhere box - a fully licensed legit subscription box review in the works, will be posted here soon. You could wait for this t come out before making a decision.

3. bmwjl7125

bmwjl7125 New Member

oh ok then i will wait

4. bmwjl7125

bmwjl7125 New Member

btw i really dont want to pay monthly

5. ttse

ttse New Member

Has anyone heard of Blue TV? I was in a Video&Sound store at the Pacific Centre Mall in Calgary and the shop I bought my father's TVPad2 a couple of years ago is now selling Moonbox3 and Blue TV as the new option to TVPad. They are charging $329 for Blue TV and $300 for MoonBox3 which is much more than what I paid for the TVPad2.

6. skl

skl New Member

I am living in Melbourne and I had TVpad2 and TVpad3 which until late 2015 had been working well. In Nov 2015, I had to change the DNS and managed to get both units working. From early Jan 2016, the TVPad3 had stopped working completely but TVpad 2 still worked with direct feed from TVB ( ? For how long more)
    Bought Htv3 from Hong Kong when I was there early Jan and it has been working well with excellent picture quality although there is a slight sound delay. There are also sports channels for NBA and soccer from UK, Spain and Italy plus recent movies release. So far so good for HK$2650. I was told the servers are located in the Middle East, not sure what difference that would make.

7. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Fundamentally all pirated TV streams will get shut down at some point, so just be aware before you make any big purchases as the piracy boxes are all quite expensive.

I'm in the middle of my review for TVBAnywhere - which is fully licensed although there is a subscription cost. I'm very impressed with the service as it's very fast and easy to use and comes with customer support. Once the review is put together I'll be posting on this website. Unfortunately short delay as we are moving house, but hopefully will be complete within the next 2 weeks.

8. Edmund

Edmund New Member

Can't wait till your TVBAnywhere review comes out, curious! Meanwhile, could you also review h.TV?

9. Sam

Sam New Member

Hi,

I want to buy the Moobox purely to watch european football. i'm not familiar with the Chinese/HK channels. are there channels broadcasting like EPL and Uefa Champions league? also i'm guessing the commentary will be in chinese not English??

10. skl

skl New Member

I can't comment on Moonbox as I am using HTV3. I paid extra for the sport channels and there are EPL, La Liga, French, German and Italian football. There are all from different channels of BEIN sports channels. Commentary are in English and what sounded to me like Arabic.

11. Sam

Sam New Member

where did you buy your HTV3 from? i'm in Sydney and looking on ebay and they're around $299. do i ask for sports pack or can i simply buy the box then download the app for football? do you also have UCL? thanks

12. skl

skl New Member

I bought my H.tv3 when I was in Hong Kong early January in Shamshiupo Golden Arcade. There were one without the sport mode ( the app is called Tom's sport) and one with. I think you can download the app but it needs an unlocking code. Don't know where you can pay for the unlocking code.
    So far, everything is working well.
    What does UCL stands for?

13. Sam

Sam New Member

UCL is uefa Champions league. Do you also have it?

14. skl

skl New Member

Yes, it has. Watched ,Arsenal vs Barcelona the other day

15. Sam

Sam New Member

Lucky you. i was dying to watch it too but couldn't.

I emailed H.TV3 and asked them about "Tom's sport" and they didn't know anything about this app. do you have any more info on this app or have contact details for the shop you bought it from? im thinking all the commentary for games are not in english??

sorry for all the Q's and i appreciate your responses

16. skl

skl New Member

Sorry, it is actually called Tom watching football. Currently, I am watching LEI VS WBA in English. The shop is called Easyshop . You can what's app him on +85255933443. He was the one who sold me the ser top box.good luck

17. Victor

Victor New Member

I have the Moonbox 3 and the iLive Hk app doesn't seem to work anymore. Can someone confirm? Is there any other app that I can use to watch live HK channels on it? If not, then what other IPTV boxes should I consider?

18. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

I fixed this issue for my in-laws this weekend. If your iLive HK channel doesn't work, you have to uninstall the app, and then go to App Garden and download it again (search for 1111HK). This applies to several apps that have stopped working.

There are a couple of new apps that do great HK TV streaming on Moonbox, worth trying the (one beginning with B which I've forgotten the name of).

19. Victor

Victor New Member

That worked. Thank you!

20. tonyd64

tonyd64 New Member

My iLive HK channel doesn't work, I followed your instructions. I un-installed, then clicked TV App Garden, but unable to download iLive HK. Can you please help?