Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest in custom 8 hour cantonese DVDs for kids like a cartoon TV Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by satoshi_nakamoto, Jan 19, 2017.

1. satoshi_nakamoto

satoshi_nakamoto New Member

I've been making custom 8 hour DVDs in Cantonese by mixing in english and canto cartoons like how you would watch a regular TV channel. I video edited these a few years back for my nephews to boost their canto and it seems like it works well as they start out watching a 20 min episode of an english cartoon then it switches to a canto cartoon and mixes it up for 8 hours vs just showing them one movie or show at a time.

Here's my collection: http://prntscr.com/dxoiku

If there is any interest let me know.

I want to add in canto kid commercials too, but those seem to be super rare online.

2. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow this looks extremely impressive and a very interesting way of getting a child to watch a multitude of content. Normally when my son requests TV to watch, I'll put on a selection of TV shows (for example his favourite is Paw Patrol) and then I'll queue up several episodes at once. Obviously this can get boring after a while as it's the same kind of thing over and over again.

Would you be interested in uploading some of these DVD ISO files online. Normally I deal with individual files but it looks like you've curated them all so that you've fit a variety of videos that are all age appropriate. I'm also interested in the source files too!

3. satoshi_nakamoto

yeah I'll do that. follow up with me if i forget.

4. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey let me know if you can post up any of these :)

5. satoshi_nakamoto

you can get it from my server here:

http://xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com:8082/share.cgi?ssid=0GFYo34

I have it expire in 7 days from today. The password is: What did Satoshi nakamoto create?

It's 3TB worth of stuff. So download it asap. I'm on a home cable connection. So I don't want so many people hogging up my bandwidth. I plan to make more, but don't have time right now. I was thinking of setting up a subscription service and just send parents these custom dvd's over mail. But thats just a hobby...

Either way I just shared my entire library. Please download what you can. If my bandwidth is slowed down. I'm going to have to turn it off. But do message me if you want access again.

Each ISO you can burn onto a DVD. I also made custom DVD labels you can print out to stick onto the DVDs so kids can just pick out what they want to watch from the images vs trying to read it, which they wont be able to. This is the app for the label creator: http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/cd-dvd-label-maker/

6. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi thanks for posting these, I'm currently away and will be back Wednesday, I'll give these a go at downloading. The ISO files are encoded as DVD player videos - are your source videos there too? Anyway will try on Wednesday, I have a 200mbps download speed.