Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

How to watch TVB (myTV) from the UK and anywhere in the world

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Andrew, Feb 20, 2015.

1. notrump

notrump New Member

You'll need to turn off Location Services within Windows. In Windows 10, click on Action Center (the one looks like a SMS message) to the left of date/time on the task bar and click on the tile so that it is not lit up.

Andrew likes this.
  2. larrychen

larrychen New Member

3. Wing

Wing New Member

can anyone help, I m in USA and I have pureVPN install on my windows 10 PC, how can I get it work to watch TVB, keep come out said the location is not support, I have the PureVPN set up in HK, what am I missing?
    Also I have a ipad too, how to make it work

4. Edmund

Edmund New Member

You can watch TVB for free in the U.S. from mobile app, website and apple tv now. Their app name is TVB Anywhere, their website is us.tvbanywhere.com. Have ads of course, but bearable. Saves you the trouble of VPN.

5. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks this is a nice alternative and it streams loads faster from the UK compared to the HK content site.

If you are outside of Hong Kong (e.g. if you are in the UK) you can easily 'VPN' or use Hola to unlock the website by browsing from the 'United States'.

I can see some adverts for TVB Anywhere on the new Apple TV, sounds like an interesting prospect that I'll need to review.

6. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Any kids programming on the TVB USA app?

7. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

Review of TVB Anywhere is now up - this is the fully licensed method for watching TVB outside of Hong Kong.

8. JessieWong

JessieWong New Member

I'm new to this forum and this imformation is great!

Thanks,
    Jessie

9. BL888

BL888 New Member

Looks like MYTVB are aware of IP spoofers and now also restrict access.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers that offer channels over m3u?

10. kwanzv

kwanzv New Member

hey guys, can anyone provide any updates on how they are currently watching tvb?

They recently changed their hosting site and have now moved to mytvsuper, I was using flyvpn and it was working fine for a good 6 months but since they changed domains I have been unable to stream for more than 2 minutes ☹

going to try other VPN's but havnt had luck with 2 already. I used purevpn a long time ago but that was giving me problems before so not sure if that will work again.

11. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

This VPN method isn't workin as well as when I first made the post.

The current method I'm using relies on the mobile app - iOS, Android etc. for TVB Anywhere. This gives access to basic catch-up and live TV and also a pay for video on demand.

For mobile app:
    You need to signup on the TVB Anywhere website where you can get a free trial, and then access the content via an app.

Moonbox:
    I've also got this working on Moonbox. I'll be posting up a full guide soon.

TVB Anywhere box:
    Hopefully I'll get to test the new edition of the box soon. It should theoretically offer the same functionality as the mobile app.

12. popolihu123

popolihu123 New Member

Can you tell me if the new box is square? Can you help me? Because I'm Chinese

13. bmwjl7125

bmwjl7125 New Member

14. Calvin W

Calvin W Member

It said:
    MyTV is now closed. Goto MyTV SUPER.
    From today to May 16 there was a 1 month free trial.