Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

How to find videos in the Cantonese language (even if you can't read Chinese!)

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Andrew, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

When you do a basic search for Chinese versions of content more often than not, you'll be finding Mandarin audio or plain subtitles. The guide below is designed to be a cheat sheet to help you find videos with Cantonese audio or dubs (even if you can't read Chinese!)

Key information
    1. How to find the Chinese name of any book, TV show, movie and everything else
    2. How to watch TVB (myTV) from the UK and anywhere in the world
    3. Use the Chinese search terms:
    Chinese title + 粵語 (Cantonese language)

For example, if I were looking for 'Tangled' in Cantonese, I would:

a) use the Tangled Wikipedia page to find the Chinese title for Tangled (if you get stuck follow this guide)
    b) use it together with 粵語 as a search term like so:

魔髮奇緣 + 粵語

At the time of writing, the Google search looks like this:

tangled1.jpg

The 2nd link on Google led me to this stream which is the full Tangled film in Cantonese: http://www.tvbyy.com/vodplay/5038-1-1.html

tangled2.jpg

If you manage to find new videos please post links to them on the Cantonese Songs and Cartoons forum where we are building a collection of links.

Cheat sheet

粵語: Cantonese
    國語: Mandarin
    英語: English

Other useful terms

語言: Spoken language
    英文片名: English title

Search engines

Google
    Baidu

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

New search term I discovered that's very useful: filefactory disney 粵語

Virginia456 likes this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

For finding Cantonese torrents:

Two very useful search terms are:

torrent +

TVBoxNow
    Canton8

Both of these websites host majority Cantonese rips of content. You'll need to register an account (simple using Google Translate) and do some searching through Google (much better than their own internal search which seems to be a missing feature from both websites).

Also the term:
    卡通: cartoon

Calvin W likes this.