Welcome to Mandonese!

歡迎大家! Mandonese is a community for parents who want to teach their children Mandarin and/or Cantonese. Please sign up to the website and find out we're all about.

1. Guest, please do not post any links until you have 3 posts, it will be rejected to prevent spam. This also affects signatures and "About You" in you profile.
    Dismiss Notice

巧虎 for younger children

Discussion in 'Children Learning Materials' started by ckat, Nov 6, 2015.

1. ckat

ckat New Member

My son is almost 2 and we recently came across 巧虎. He loves it! I love that it is in Cantonese and tailored to his specific age. It is a monthly subscription that will send you a book, dvd, and toy monthly.

I think 巧虎 have a big presence in the Taiwanese community, but is relatively new in Hong Kong. (You can probably find 巧虎 Mandarin videos online easily.) The Hong Kong program is only in their second year. I'm so glad, because I want our son to learn Cantonese and not Mandarin. He cannot get enough of 巧虎 and actually can recite the Chinese poems that they teach.

http://www.parenting-times.com/

I believe they do accept overseas application, but I had a family member help me subscribe directly in Hong Kong. But, if you do have a child who is a toddler, I do recommend it.

2. CherylM

CherylM New Member

subscription form only accept HK address for delivery it seems :(

3. ckat

ckat New Member

You will have to email them. I live in California, so they do ship to overseas. But there is an extra postage charge.

4. CherylM

CherylM New Member

thanks, actually found the price list for different countries under Q&A

5. Andrew

Andrew Administrator
    Staff Member

I've seen the cartoons before online. How are the learning materials, maybe you can post up a photo of what you get? Would be interesting to see what form of pinyin they use for Cantonese.

6. Jeffcyho

Jeffcyho New Member

Hi there. we live in the UK but find it hard to find where to subscribe to 巧虎. Can you share it? Many thanks

7. ckat

ckat New Member

Hi Jeff, On the website, there's a link for you to print the form to fill out and subscribe. You can also email them to ask any questions you may have.

http://www.parenting-times.com/annual/annual-c4.php

I can try to post photos of the learning material when I get a chance. They use traditional Chinese characters on all material.

8. raichu

raichu New Member

Ckat-that would be amazing when you get the chance. thank you in advance :)

9. ckat

ckat New Member

Sorry took so long. I finally got a chance to take some photos of the book. Here it is. 2015-12-04 11.18.50.jpg 2015-12-04 11.18.39.jpg 2015-12-04 11.18.14.jpg 2015-12-04 11.18.08.jpg 2015-12-04 11.18.00.jpg 2015-12-04 11.17.51.jpg

Andrew likes this.
  10. raichu

raichu New Member

ckat - thanks so much for taking the time to share these pics with us all. really useful to see them. really interested in getting it now!